Life360 is a smartphone app for staying connected with your family. Hubitat Elevation can use your Life360 account to detect your presence and automatically change modes or turn devices on or off when you or family member come and go. Here’s how to get connected.
¶ Download and install Life360 app
You will need to begin by downloading the Life360 app on your phone. NOTE: If you already have an account, skip to the next section.
- Visit https://life360.com on your smartphone.
- Click/tap the Download Free App button and follow the instructions for installation.
- When you open the app, you will be asked to enter an email address and password. Remember these for connecting to your Hubitat Elevation hub (and for logging into your Life360 account for any reason).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your circle, home location, and any family members you want in your circle.
- Load the Life360 Connector app in your Hubitat Web Interface.
- Select Life360 Login Credentials.
- Enter your Life360 email address in the User ID field.
- Enter your Life360 password in Password field.
- Select Done .
- A Select Your Circle drop-down menu will appear and you will now choose your circle (most likely “family”).
- Choose Your Place from the drop-down menu (most likely “home”).
- Choose Family Members from the drop-down menu.
- In the Options... field, you have the choice to turn on Enable debug logging, which can assist with troubleshooting.
- Select Done.
You should now be connected to your Life360 account. Each member you selected in the app will be available as a presence sensor in Rule Machine and other apps to use as a trigger or condition in your automations.
NOTE: If you add circles or family members to your account, you will also need to go back and add them into the Life360 Connect app on your hub.