Please note, the process takes about a minute to download (depending on your Internet connection) and extract the hub update, and 1-2 minutes to perform the update after you click Update Hub. We recommend that you periodically download a backup of your setup from the Settings page, Backup and Restore.
Note: This release includes enhanced security measures that disable insecure access to the hub from outside local network using port forwarding or similar means. No IOT device is meant to be accessed publicly, and our hub is no exception. Use Hubitat Remote Admin, a private VPN, or other secure means of access instead.
¶ Drivers and Devices
- New drivers:
- Heltun Heating Thermostat
- Heltun Fan Coil Thermostat
- Heltun Touch Panel Switch
- Heltun Relay Switch Quinto
- Aeotec WallMote 7
- Zooz Zen73 S2 Toggle Switch
- Zooz Zen74 S2 Toggle Switch
- Zooz Zse41 Open Close XS Sensor
- Zooz Zse42 Water Leak XS Sensor
- Zooz Zac36 Ball Valve Controller
- Danalock V3 Z-Wave
- Generic Z-Wave Plus MultiSwitch
- Eaton Master Dimmer (RF9640 direct association capable)
- Eaton Accessory Dimmer (RF9642 direct association capable)
- Eaton Master Switch (RF9601 direct association capable)
- Eaton Accessory Switch (RF9617 direct association capable)
- Generic Zigbee Lock (no keypad)
- Minoston 3-in-1 Sensor (MSE30Z)
- Generic Zigbee Shade
- Rotel AVR
- New compatible devices:
- Enerwave Dual Relay (ZWN-RSM2-PLUS) using Generic Z-Wave Plus MultiSwitch
- Danalock V3 Zigbee using Generic Zigbee Lock (no keypad)
- Axis Gear using Generic Zigbee Shade
- 1, 2 and 4 channel eWeLink/MHCOZY relays using Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch
- Eaton Plug-In Module (RF96APM) using Generic Z-Wave Plus Outlet
- Sengled E1C-NB7 using Generic Zigbee Outlet
- New driver features:
- Lutron Switch Auto-Off Preference
- Added supervision encapsulation for improved reliability of commands to the following drivers when used with S2 on C7:
- August Pro Lock
- KeyWe Z-Wave Lock
- Generic Z-Wave Lock
- Schlage BE468/BE469 Lock
- Schlage FE599/BE369 Lock
- Alfred Z-Wave Lock
- Yale Conexis L1 Z-Wave Lock
- Add frequency attribute to generic component voltage sensor
- Add Ignore ZDO command reports option to Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch (enable to suppress duplicate log events)
- Thermostat Controller virtual device now supports all thermostat commands.
- Add more transition time options to virtual garage door driver.
- Rule 5.1 / Button Controller 5.1 / Button Rule 5.1: These new versions offer these new features (see this post):
- "Repeat While rule": This action allows a full rule (expression/condition) to be tested for a repeat; it will proceed only if the rule is true and continue to repeat while the rule is true, skipping the body of actions in the repeat when the rule is false. It is still possible to do the same thing with a Simple Conditional action preceding a Repeat action, but only a single condition is tested, not a full rule.
- "Repeat Until rule": This action allows a full rule to be tested at the completion of a repeat loop; the body of the repeat will run once, and then will continue to repeat until the rule is true.
- "Time Since Event": This condition will be true if the designated amount of time has passed since the last event for the selected device(s). It is possible to use a particular attribute of the device, or any event. The primary intended use case is for actions to test when a device has not reported for some period of time (e.g. dead battery). This cannot be used as a trigger as there are no associated events.
- Multiple conditions in a logical expression are now referred to as a "rule" (to be distinguished from an instance of the app as a "Rule 5.1"). Actions and Predicate have been renamed for consistency:
- IF rule THEN
- ELSE-IF rule THEN
- Repeat While rule
- Repeat Until rule
- Wait for rule
- Predicate rule
- NOTE: In 2.3.0, this usage of the term "rule" was again renamed, now to "expression" (reducing confusion between rules/apps, single conditions, and expressions)
- Action to Disable/Enable device.
- "Between Two Dates" condition extended to allow time and variables.
- Improvements to setting variables.
- Supports Shock Sensors for triggers and conditions.
- Supports actual Thermostat Modes and Fan Modes for conditions.
- As usual, existing Rule-4.1 Rules, Rule 5.0 Rules, Button Controller 5.0, Button Rule 5.0 and older Rules will continue to work and can still be edited, imported/exported and cloned. New Rule Machine rules, Button Controllers, and Button Rules will be 5.1 version.
- Simple Automation Rule-1.2: Supports variables instead of connectors for Variable Time triggers.
- Maker API now has an option to disregard SSL certificates on POST.
- Basic Rule-1.0: Added Shock Sensor triggers.
- New default look and feel for new dashboards
- Tile text shadow is now a hide/show from options
- Simple Automation Rule 1.1: Added dimmer fade time option.
- Mirror Me: Added pause/resume.
- Mode Manager: Now supports variable DateTime for modes set by Variable Time.
- Thermostat Scheduler: Now supports variable DateTime for setpoints set by time period with Variable Time.
- Mirror Me: Added pause/resume.
- Generic Z-Wave Plus Thermostat driver fixed an issue with thermostatSetpoint and fanMode reporting.
- Heatit Z-TRM3 driver fixed input of non decimal values on heating setpoint.
- Scene-1.2: Displayed Scene state now accurately reflects state of all of the Scene members.
- Rule 5.0:
- Fixed bug with setting Number or Decimal variable from selected String variable.
- Fixed bug with device event subscriptions for same device in Predicate Conditions and Trigger Events.
- Fixed bug where deleting an action causes Broken Action in other actions.
- Fixed a bug with Delay Per Mode throwing error.
- Fixed a bug with an invalid mode in a variable used in Set Mode.
- Fixed error thrown when comparing variable time to variable time.
- Fixed bug with setting a DateTime variable to ‘sunrise’ or ‘sunset’, where an associated connector was not updated.
- Fixed URL Encode for String variable.
- Now sets
%value% from Rule Paused trigger (rule name and paused/resumed respectively).
- Fixed error with Rule Paused condition.
- Fixed bug in Wait for Events: Certain Time, with a variable time.
- Fixed bug with setting Private Boolean from another rule.
- Fixed bug with speak/media device volume on Send Message.
- Fixed Track Dimmer.
\ in variable names.
- Hub Variables: Fixed bug with remove connector.
- Zooz Zen17 Universal Relay: fixed an issue with some input relay types.
- Add frequency attribute to generic component voltage sensor.
- Fix multi-parameter
componentSetColorTemperature() calls in componentRGBW, componentCT and componentRGBWEffects drivers.
- Fix level debug error in componentRGBW, componentCT and componentRGBWEffects drivers.
- Add missing
lastCodeName attribute to security keypad capability.
supportedInputs event not being populated for denon, onkyo and pioneer AVR drivers.
- Basic Rule-1.0:
- Allow zero for Set Level action.
- Fixed multi-scheduling for Wait until time.
- Fixed bug with wait for mode.
- Fixed bug with sunrise/sunset offsets in wait.
- Aeotec LED Bulb 6: fixed an issue preventing color temperature from being set using 3-parameter values.
- Simple Automation Rule-1.1: Fixed bug with selecting variable time as trigger.
- Fix on enum variables for Apps when using Screen Reading Accessibility is enabled.
- Fixed UI issue that prevented choice for mixed device control.
setLevel(0) not turning off switches.
- Refactored Z-Wave
SwitchMultilevel command classes; now unused properties are properly zero filled.
- Refactored Z-Wave
Notification command classes; added some missing parameters.
- Refactored Z-Wave
Configuration command classes; fixed incomplete bulk commands, added
- Introduced new, wizard-like Add a device UI.
- Restricted non-local access to the hub. Allows non-local subnet whitelisting by using
/hub/allowSubnets endpoint, e.g.
/hub/allowSubnets?184.108.40.206,220.127.116.11. Running endpoint without parameters displays currently whitelisted subnets.
- Added location subscription name option, e.g.
subscribe(location, "mode.Day", handler).
readTimeout (integer, number of seconds, default 60),
rawData (boolean, pass unparsed data if true, default false), and
Map<String, String>, no default values).
- Added HTTP request option
followRedirects (boolean, default true).
- Consolidated logs, events and runtime statistics into a single page.
- Added a centralized way to view all scheduled jobs on the logs page.
- Removed weekly DHCP reconnect feature.
- Added automatic WiFi reconnect whenever connection drops.
- Whitelisted selected Nimbus Jose/JWT classes (
- Miscellaneous UI changes.
- C7: Disabling Z-Wave now properly shuts down SDK backend components.
- C7: S2 device inclusion improvements, also fixes non-secure inclusion of S2 Unauthenticated only devices.
- Z-Wave inclusion timer increased because sometimes it takes longer than 60 seconds to complete S2 bootstrapping.
- C7: Z-Wave SDK update to 7.15.4.
- A new app/driver attribute
singleThreaded (true/false). Setting it to true ensure that only one app/driver method runs at a time, and state saved at the end of each method is fully updated for the next one.
- C7: Automatic restart of SDK components when a crash is detected.
- Keep more current logs on the page.
- Do not allow sharing pushover devices over hub mesh.
- Chromecast reconnect and status poller tweaks.