Location Events, acessible from the Location Events tab on the Logs page, is where you will find recent history about "location" events. These include sunrise, sunset times, Hubitat Safety Monitor events, hub variable changes, and mode changes.
- Name (A) is the event type. (i.e.
- Description (B) shows a text description, if provided, of the event. For example, if you created a Hubitat Safety Monitor custom monitoring rule named Monitor Only, it would display along with its current state (e.g. Armed or Disarmed).
- Value (C) shows the value for this event, the contents of which will depend on the type of event. For example, an HSM event may show
water, or a
mode event (indicating a mode change) will show the name of the new mode.
- Event Type (D) shows information about the event type. (i.e. LOCATION_MODE_CHANGE).
- Date (E) shows the time and date of when the event occurred. This time and date stamp together with the event type can be helpful information in determining when an event occurred, such as the Arming or Disarming of Hubitat Safety Monitor or a previous sunrise/sunset event time for troubelshooting time-based automations.